Wednesday, January 21, 2009

O'Bama Inauguration night

What a night. I feel like yesterday was one of those times that I will look back and tell my children about... Barack O'Bama's father was born in a small village in Kenya and the people here really take pride in him as the new president.

We went to a large bar/restaurant where they had about 10 large screen tvs set up, and two more two storey high screens to show the inauguration and speech. I usually find moments of empowerment and significance last night emotional... but last night was definitely more emotional than usual for me. Every time Kenya was mentioned everyone cheered... and there were people of ALL ages and walks of life.

Anyway, the energy of the night was an overwhelming feeling of hope... we will see how it goes.

goodnight :)

1 comment: