Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back In Nairobi... first trip to the Mara done!

Ok, so I am in Kenya!!! and I have spent the last week and a half in the Mara region with all the wonderful people that work for FTC in Toronto. What an amazing trip.

Photos will be posted when I have all the proper hookups and internet connection... but for now here are some of the highlights;
- Played with orphaned baby elephants
- saw a women's cooperative bead factory... Kazuri beads... www. kazuri.com
- returned to Enelerei for a community gathering
- school building at Salebwek
- Tree planting at the nursery and Emori Joi
- walking with the mamas and carrying water
- new years with the Kenyan Boys choir
- hanging out with Craig and Marc K.
Anyway, that list will be my reminder when I actually have some good time to dedicate to sharing the first leg of this adventure.

:) Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment