Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home






I just realized that I still haven't spoken about, or shown pictures of where I am living. Since it is sooo beautiful, and right now, we are spending sooo much time here, I figure I need to give it the attention it deserves.

The house where I am living is in Nairobi, in a subdivision called Gigiri, in an area called Roslyn. It is a beautiful neighbourhood surrounded by lush vegetation. Downtown Nairobi itself can be quite a dangerous city at night, but where we live is very safe. Our compound is surrounded by electric fencing and has security guards on duty 24 hours a day. We actually share one fence with the Canadian High Commissioner, so if we ever had any trouble, that is where we would need to be anyway. It is a beautiful home that can sleep up to about 40 guests at one time.
The home itself was purchased from an Indian business man that had been going through a rough divorce and wanted to get rid of it fast! So Leaders Today (now Me to We) bought it to make the transition from Nairobi to the Mara easier for their participants.
So here are some pictures... in a months time we will only have a few days every month here, most of our time will be spent in the mara working on development projects.



The kitchen... where all our wonderful meals are made




chai table... mmm.. One of the bedrooms

The dining room table... right now it is our "office", and this is the view from our "office"
my computer is fussy right now... so i will post more pics of my home later
tutaonana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment